Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a small GE microwave model JES1072... Our electricity…

I have a small...

I have a small GE microwave model JES1072... Our electricity went out and I cannot get the microwave to work. I have unplugged it and replugged back in to no avail. help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just purchased in December. model: JES1072

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I need to know how to troubleshoot this appliance.

3/26/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

will the reply come through this thread or will it be another email to my email address?

If the unit is just dead there is an internal bus fuse in the microwave that may have blown causing the issue. You would have to remove the shroud on the unit and follow the power cord inside to the filter board that would have the fuse on it and check it. Note there are no parts available for your model due to the size and cost, it is considered a throw away unit.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
it is not dead.
I unplugged and replugged back in. screen says PF for power failure I presume...
I have unplugged and replugged in. The screen says PF for power failure I presume. The unit is not dead. Is there something I can do?