Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

How do I perform a system check for the basic operating

Customer Question
How do I perform...

How do I perform a system check for the basic operating systems on our double wall Whirlpool electric oven(s)

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I'll be right back

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if the "check process" is elementary for a novice. Model RBD307PV003

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Appliance age is appx 4 years

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 27 days ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

And the model number you have given of RBD307PV003 os not correct!

could the number be RBD307PV Q 03?

For the model number of RBD307PVQ03 there is NO systems check .

The only way you would check the Bake .Broil or other selections is to turn them on and see if they heat .

What is the unit doing or not doing ?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
error messages E2 F3 oven was previously having timer in use if that helps. We shut off via elect panel overnight and restarted this am. Both ovens achieved 300 and 350 temps, also broil worked.
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
We are using ovens all week for a major baking event and cannot risk failure if possible

ok the F3 -E2 was in in the left or the right oven display ?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
E2 on left in larger font and F3 on right

no if it is an error code for the upper oven it is on the left of the clock and the lower oven it should be to the right of the clock display .

so are you in fact saying that you do get the E2 to the left of the clock and the F3 to the right of the clock display?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
actually the F3 was red and center and a bit larger her than the. E2..which was blue...
After a few minutes the top oven locked and the error codes were off but a “hot” was both on left and right where temp usually appears for each oven

ok top oven locked Good information .

That tells me the error code is for the upper oven .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

The error code is telling you the oven temperature sensor is showing the oven is too hot .

We need to test the oven sensor , it will either be a bad temp sensor or a faulty electronic control board .

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
There has been NO error messages or "hot" message since we restarted this am. No voltage testing meters here.

is the upper oven door STILL locked?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Upper oven unlocked yesterday after several minutes. Nothing other than temp readings today, all appears normal

ok it could have been just a glitch in the electronic control board software .

But if it happens again you will need to replace the control board /clock assembly .

If you would like a link to the part just so you have it just let me know .

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
the link would be great in the event of need. Thank you Woody, you've been helpful!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!
------> CLICK HERE<----- for the part you will need to replace.

Thank you if you have any questions just reply back to me .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech
Master Tech