Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am replacing the door on my Kenmore microwave oven (model…

Customer Question
I am replacing the...

I am replacing the door on my Kenmore microwave oven (model DU8500XT-3). I have removed the old door, replaced the handle on the new door and installed the glass in the door. I now have to snap the new door onto the frame. How do I do that without breaking the tabs that hold the door onto the frame?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It is about 15 years old. Model # is: DU8500XT-3.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I am doing it now.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The door (it is actually just the plastic cover over the metal inner door) has tabs on the left side of the door (opposite the handle). Once the door is snapped into place, three screws on the right side hold the door in place.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

The model number that your giving is for a Whirlpool under counter dishwasher. not a Kenmore microwave .

open the microwave door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame of the cooking cavity.

I'm sorry, I feel I'm being scammed. The cost was $5 and suddenly it is $36. Please cancel my order and forget about answering my question.

I as an expert using the website just as you are if you want to cancel you will need to contact the website administration department .

.

I can tell you that the total cost of a questions is $36.00 the $5.00 was only a deposit .