Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge profile model# pfss9pk. The power went off and…

Customer Question
I have a ge...

I have a ge profile model# ***** The power went off and when it came back on the digital reading for both the fridge and freezer read 88. How do I reset?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Pfss9pk. We bought it refurbished, so don't know age.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If something is faulty, it is under warranty.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

When the power comes back on after being off at the line, there is a short period of voltage fluctuations. This can cause issues with the electronics. Unplug the refrigerator for 5 full minutes to reset the electronics. Does the behavior change?

I am glad it reset for you. Sorry you see no value in my assistance.