Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model WRF560SMH french door…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool refrigerator...
I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model WRF560SMH french door bottom freezer. Freezer works fine, but upper part does not cool. Frost forms on rear vents in freezer compartment, motor then makes loud noises. I melt the ice/frost on the rear vents with a hair dryer, works for a little while, then same problem occurs. Had expensive repair last year that did not fix the problem trying to decide whether to try repair again.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

You have an automatic defrost issue.

Give me a few minutes to pull up information on this model.
I am helping you along with other customers so there may be a delay in responses to do not panic just wait for my reply thank you.

Okl on this model you have three components in the defrost system . two inside the freezer behind the rear interior wall panel and the main electronic control board in the rear exterior of the unit .

When it was worked on before what parts if any did they replace?

Not the electronic board, I don't have the records in front of me, it was an expensive motor I think, I could get the specifics when I get home tonight.

ok well there is NO motor in the defrost system .

Can you remove everything from the freezer and remove the rear interior freezer wall panel ?

again, not home now, can't work on it this week due to travel, can I reconnect next week?

sure just reply back on this same chat when you get time , it will come right back to me .

if I can't reconnect with you, what would I be looking for when/if I remove the rear interior freezer wall?

Ok you need to fully defrost all the icem on the silver Evaporator coil behind that rear interior wall panel and then you can test the heating element and defrost thermostat .

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing