Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a samsung RF260BEAESR french door refrig. No ice, Can't…

Customer Question
Have a samsung RF260BEAESR...

Have a samsung RF260BEAESR french door refrig. No ice, Can't find the reset button on icemaker Mine is different than the pics

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

May 2016 RF260BEAESR/AA

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hope to

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is no reset button on the ice maker can you help

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Attached below is a picture of your icemaker for this model. I drew an arrow to where the button is below your icemaker toward the front. Press and hold this for 15 seconds. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?