Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer Mod # LSC8244E will not spin. Whirlpool Mod#

Washer Mod # LSC8244E...

Washer Mod # LSC8244E will not spin

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool Mod# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is the reason for not spin

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Does the washer still drain even though it doesn't spin? Or does the timer just stop before the spin cycle and it won't drain or spin or do anything?

sounds like the pump is working but the bin won't spin

OK. Turn the washer back to wash. Often times on this model when the washer quits spinning, it will stop agitating as well. Can you see if it still agitates please?

doesn't agitate under wash cycle either

OK perfect.

Perfect, thank you. Unfortunately this is a common issue but a fairly inexpensive one to fix. Your motor coupler has broken and needs to be replaced. The part you'll need is part 285753A and costs less than $15. Below is a video that shows you how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for video

Also, below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for part

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc