Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Adora dishwasher, it's been leaking water. I…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE Adora dishwasher, it's been leaking water. I took it out and found that a part had fallen off the side of the dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model DDT595SSJSS bought July 19,2017

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The part is a rectangular box on the left side of the dishwasher it has a small black hose coming out of the bottom of it and fits in a round hole on the left side

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 3 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

That box on the left side is called the water inlet intake box. It sounds like the round nut inside the dishwasher tub unscrewed or stripped out and isn't holding the box on anymore. You can try to screw the nut back onto the box, but if it won't hold, look and see if you need a new nut or a new box. Below is a link to both parts if you need either.

CLICK HERE for intake nut

CLICK HERE for intake box

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.