Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I changed filter on refrigerator and red grid light won't go

Customer Question

I changed filter on refrigerator and red grid light won't go off
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 2 years old model #RF263BEAESG/AA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

The red grid light just means that the refrigerator thinks you need to reset the filter still. To reset the filter light, press and hold the bottom left button on your dispenser panel for 5 seconds (Ice Type/Water). That should reset the light. If not, unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes and try again. If it still won't reset, that front dispenser panel would need to be replaced to get the filter light to work properly again because it has failed.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.