Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kitchenaid Superba slide in range model # KESC308LSS0, We…

Kitchenaid Superba slide in...

Kitchenaid Superba slide in range model # KESC308LSS0, We need to replace bro***** ***** glass top, but can not move remove control panel

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The exact model is previously written KESC308LSS0 - do not know age

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes plus another per son

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I already have the replacement glass piece, already shut off power. Removed the screws from control panel

3/26/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is an electric cooktop so it's a bit difficult to remove on this model. The top of the control panel separates from the bottom plate of the control panel. To remove the control panel, flip the breaker off to the range or unplug the range. Next, open the oven door and remove the screws below the control panel. At this point the only thing holding the control panel on is 2 sided tape. Along the back edge of the control panel is 2 sided tape below the control panel between the panel and the glass top. Slide a razor blade between the glass cooktop and the back edge of the control panel to cut the 2 sided tape. Once that is cut, just grab the control panel and it should pull up and off. You'll need to add 2 sided tape once re-installing the control panel again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Okay -- there appears to be a problem. There appears to be endcaps which is preventing the panel from pulling up and off.

The end caps come with the top panel. Just the bottom sheet metal panel below the control panel doesn't come up. Once you unscrew the bottom and cut the back 2 sided tape, it should slide forward and bit and pull off.

no -- just type me your response and stop asking me for more money!

I already did.

QUOTE:

Okay well I just finished. Your instructions were not a 100% They were good but in order to get the new plate in we had to
remove the end caps as well as the black gasket lining.

Hmm, you should just need to cut the gasket and when you unscrew the bottom of the control panel the outer end caps pull out a bit and the entire panel pulls forward a bit and comes off, no need to take it completely apart. Either way glad you got it taken apart.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
ok well we got thru it