Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My GE Profile Spacemaker goes on when the door is open. 5…

My GE Profile Spacemaker...

My GE Profile Spacemaker goes on when the door is open

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years old model JVM3670SK06

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No How do I get the microwave to not go on when I open the door

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So unfortunately this means that one of your door switches has failed. There are 3 door switches and usually the bottom one is the one that fails, but you'd need to remove the outer shell of the microwave and test the switches to know for certain which switch is bad. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to test the actual door switches inside your microwave to know which one to replace. Now access on your microwave may be slightly different, but testing the switches is identical to the video

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc