Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kitchen aid dish washer model kdte204dwh1 washer was not…

Customer Question
Kitchen aid dish washer...

Kitchen aid dish washer model kdte204dwh1 washer was not filling with water. replaced valve inlet but still no water. How much voltage activates the valve inlet ?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 Yrs.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. The inlet valve I'm sure need to be activated electrically. And thats what I want to check. If it's getting the proper voltage then the valve is defective.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

The water inlet valve is activated by 120 volts A/C

And have you also made sure that the float switch is not stuck in the up position ? that will make the unit not fill due to it thinks it has water in it already .

Where is the float switch located ? Or is the valve inlet the float switch ?
Does the 124AC activate when the run button is pushed ?

the Float switch is mounted on the front left corner inside the tank right above the water inlet valve and the wiring for the Float switch is right by the inlet valve under the dishwasher .

Typing is OK for me

As stated in my first post ,If your referring to a phone call prompt I did NOT send that to you ,the web site that we are using does, NOT I!

I don't think I'm getting voltage

ok let`s open the dishwasher door and pull out the lower rack and on the front left corner pull up on the float bulb and let go of it a few times and then try to see if the dishwasher will fill with water or not .

Cancel this isn't what I expected. Thank you just the same.

ok did you move the float switch up and down ?

And are you NOW getting the unit to fill with water?