Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My top loading efficiency washer will not spin and drain…

Customer Question
My top loading efficiency...

My top loading efficiency washer will not spin and drain properly. There is a funny noise when it starts to drain/spin

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model is WTW5000DWO AND ITS 3 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I bought it at Lowe’s

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 3 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

Can you describe this noise that you hear at the start of the drain /spin mode?

Kind of a fast clicking sound

ok and does the washer actually drain the standing water out of it ?