Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Had to replace my water hose to refrigerator now the water…

Customer Question
Had to replace my...

Had to replace my water hose to refrigerator now the water works but not the ice maker. I made sure no ice was in maker, bleed the hose to where the water came out but still no water to ice maker

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Kitchenaid kbfs22ewbl7 about 5

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 4 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If I were to guess, I would say your fill tube is frozen since this happened when replacing water lines. But probably the best thing to do is determine if the icemaker isn't cycling and calling for water, or if water isn't actually making it to the refrigerator. First, make sure the freezer is below 10 degrees because the icemaker will not cycle if the temperature in the freezer is over 10 degrees. Next, fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and wait 24 hours to see if it cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube behind the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. You can also make sure it's not frozen by disconnect the water line coming from the icemaker and going to the valve at the valve. Blow through the water line to make sure it's clear. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.