Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge stove it has power but no burners are working it…

I have a ge...

I have a ge stove it has power but no burners are working it has a convection oven and its working

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Hang on and i will look

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Ita a ge profile

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I think it could be a fuse but ii dont know where they are

3/26/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

There are no fuses that will cut out the entire cooktop if the oven still working if the oven is still working. That means that your main control board has either failed or the oven thinks the latch is in the locked position. Start self clean and wait 2 minutes then cancel it and let the latch reset. Try the cooktop again and if it still won't heat, you have a bad main control board which is the only thing that will cut out all the burners.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc