Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE microwave that was purchased 02/10/2018. The…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE microwave that was purchased 02/10/2018. The turn table is making a loud rubbing sound when turning. It sounds as if the glass turn table is rubbing on the bottom of the microwave.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

As I note in my opening remarks, I purchased the microwave 02/10/2018, so it is 44 days old and the model# ***** ***** or 71TADR01778.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is something I can do myself

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Melissa Martin
Melissa Martin, Home Appliance Technician

You should not try to repair it on your own as GE frowns on that and will void your warranty. If the tray is sitting properly on the ring underneath the tray and it is still rubbing you should call GE for repair. Their phone number is *****