Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 10 year old Thermador refridgerator, model

Customer Question
I have a 10...

I have a 10 year old Thermador refridgerator, model KBUDT4855E01

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

It chirps about every 5-30 seconds as a fan or motor cycles on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The noise is when the fan or motor cycles on

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Normally that would be the sign of the evaporator fan starting to fail. The bearing on the fan will cause that high chirp when in early stages of failure. Here is a link to the part. It is behind the freezer panel. CLICK HERE PART, the only other fan it could be would be the condenser one by the compressor. You would have to narrow the noise down to inside the freezer or by the compressor. CLICK HERE CONDENSER FAN

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.