Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I've got a Samsung rf217acrs refrigerator and I'm fairly…

Customer Question
I've got a Samsung rf217acrs...
I've got a Samsung rf217acrs refrigerator and I'm fairly certain its the control board that is acting up. It is giving me intermittent failures. Today we noticed nothing was frozen hard in the freezer like normal. But it said it was -2 degrees in there.I thought it was strange, unplugged it, plugged it back in, temperature corrected to say it was 28 degrees in the freezer. Refrigerator also went up from it's normal to 42 degrees.I noticed it wasn't kicking back on. Took the back panel off, cleaned everything, unplugged it for ~5 minutes, plugged it back in. Nothing. A few minutes later it kicked on, but didn't stay on long. Any ideas I should look in too before ordering a board?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 3 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Yup still need assistance

I am so sorry that this response just came back to me. If you are still needing help I need to know if the fan in the freezer is running? Also if the compressor in the back is running and if it running warm or hot?