Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Well my side by side kitchen frig has stoped cooling and…

Customer Question
Well my side by...

Well my side by side kitchen frig has stoped cooling and freezing enough to make ice both the fan and compressor seem to be working but the compressor feels hot.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Yes the setting when I set them don't stay they go off into other numbers

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Well the plug end of the cord lost its the third prong on it so it is not grounded properly

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine? On refrigerators look on the wall in the food section. On ranges look down by the drawer by the leg.

Thanks

Don

give me a minute to find it
this site won't allow me to edit my name on the card as it is not my mom but myself who is fixing it for her. so give me a minute to figure this stupid thing out

no problem