Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My amana dishwasher normal light will not go on? All other…

My amana dishwasher normal...

My amana dishwasher normal light will not go on? All other buttons light

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 4 yrs old don't know model number

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes. Just now I am running it. I hit the normal button but it did not light and am running the machine to see what happens.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it. is there a way to change the lights behind these buttons

3/25/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

The touchpad is bad if that is happening you can try to to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition if not you need a new touchpad to fix that issue.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician