Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Washer starts and stops for a few seconds. Maytag model maz…

Customer Question
Washer starts and stops...

Washer starts and stops for a few seconds.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag model maz 5000 aww ser no 10450746 ww

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Normally that is either caused by a bad timer contact or possibly a bad lid switch. Often if you wiggle the dial on the timer and it starts again replace the timer. At that age it would be pretty common for that failure. See part link below.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.