Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a kenmore 800 series electric dryer. i don't know how…

I have a kenmore...

I have a kenmore 800 series electric dryer. i don't know how old it is. It's making a loud squealing , screeching noise like bearing or belt is gone. I can't get the front panel off. it should come off easily but it doesn't come off at all. The rear panel is part of the chassis so it doesn't come off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Was already here when we bought the house 2 years ago.maybe 10 years or less.The plate inside the door has; MOD 11.67862600 Ser# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well that depends on time and scope of the repair. If I can I will. If I have to get a pro, I'll just do that. I can't get the panel off to get a look at it. The plate also says TYPE DDOT -2406028 - EH54

3/25/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You have a bad idler pulley, see links below for part and video to change it out, that is a very common issue. The video shows you how to get the belt changed which you have to do to get to the idler.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

The video is very helpful. I didn't realize it is whirlpool product.
The video doesn't show how to replace the idler pulley. That would require a lot more time and work than just the belt. The whole drum would have to come out I think I'll call a pro for that.

You have to remove the drum to replace the idler pulley on your unit if you can not do that yes a tech can do the job for about 175 dollars.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician