Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Kitchenaid dishwasher is not getting too top rack clean.

Customer Question
My Kitchenaid dishwasher is...

My Kitchenaid dishwasher is not getting too top rack clean

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3-5 yrs. KUDK03ITB$3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. It cleaned very well up until about a month ago. I've just been using bottom rack

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Ok

That could be a couple things, but the most common issue on that unit is either something is stuck in the sump prefilter or on the chopper impeller screen. It is fairly easy to check. You need to take the wash arm off and the under supports out to get to the chopper screen and check it to see if it is broken or something is caught on it. Watch this video to get at the chopper and check it all for stuff blocked to it or in it. see video link below

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Ok. I'll let u know when I have that done

OK thanks

I have the water arm off, but what kind of tool do I need to get the screws out of the guard assembly

It is a torx bit, it should be a t-15 or a t-10 bit

This could take a while. I'll have to go to our shop to try & find that

OK no problem just post back I will be in and out all night long that will be the issue though on that unit you will find a bunch of junk in there.