Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I replaced the water filter on my fridge / freezer and now…

I replaced the water...

I replaced the water filter on my fridge / freezer and now it won’t dispense water and ice . It isn’t making ice either. The unit appears to ave

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

T18id80NLP/39 it is 8 years old and change the filter regularly

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If there isn’t an appliance contractor in Vernal Ut

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. It was working fine until I replaced the water filter

3/25/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Try and put the old filter back in and see if it will work. Let me know what happens.

Ok

Thanks

When should I expect the call

Did the old filter work?

No it did not work. The same

OK then you must have an issue with the filter head. Something may be stuck in the filter head check valve assembly. nIf it worked right up till you took the old one out often a small piece of carbon from the filter can get flushed into the check valve on the head blcoked the port, then no water can flow. You can look into the head assembly and see if you find anything stuck in any ports , but that is not a servicable part and will often need to be changed out.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Phone call session started
Can’t see anything plugging the valve. If that is bad then nothing will operate. Like rotate the fork in the ice maker?
I don’t need a phone call . An online response is fine.

You can use a ling thin screw driver to press the check valve in and sometimes it can clear it.

I pressed the valve with a wire and water shot out the valve three time so I put the filter back in and nothing still. Is there an electronic reset process after installing a new filter.
I pressed the valve and got water to shoot out three times. Put the filter back in and nothing still. Is there an electronic reset after installation of a new filter?

No reset to make it work the other end of the valve side would be plugged then or not triggering the check valve if it is a generic cartridge

It’s an UltraClarity filter as recommended. I cleared the valve reinstalled the filter and reset the filter display and it started working after resetting the filter display and the appliance is working
I don’t need t he phone call and I am not interested in a monthly prescription. Thank you and I expect to pay the 28.00 that was explained before the first question.