Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a duet steam dryer from Whirlpool. I turned the Drum…

I have a duet...

I have a duet steam dryer from Whirlpool. I turned the Drum Light that controls lack/unlock. Not why dryer will not turn on. Drum light button will not stay off when I turn it off. What should I do to start dryer again?? Thanks for any help.?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We bought a town home in October 2017 & they left washer & dryer. I can’t find a model # except W10111358 A. Is that what you need? I’m thinking maybe 8 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine until I pushed Drum Light button. Now dryer will not turn on & Drum Light button won’t turn off. Can’t find a reset button if there is one.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

First try to unplug the unit or shut the breaker off to the unit for 2 full minutes to reset all the controls on it. See if that changes the condition if not make sure the door switch is working and the door is shutting correctly see if that fixes it.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Did the above by unplugging dryer - no change - Drum Light control beeped & is still on.
I must need a teachnician to come out. Dryer worked fine until I pushed Drum Light control button.

It could be on a child lock see if you can cfind the END OF CYCLE SIGNAL button and press and hold it for 3 secs. Or check on the console under any button that says press and hold for 3 secs for child lock that may be what happened.

Held blinking button for 3 seconds - it beeped but didn’t go off

There should be a button on the unit that says Child Lock under it in very small print to hold for 3 secs/

No child lock button on dryer

Open the door and check the frame edge for a tag with the model number on it it should start with letters....like WFW9200PW1

W10221359 A

That is not it, it will start with 3-4 letterss then numbers then more letters

We have a flashlight searching & canno find a Model # anywhere

When you open the door it would be right on a sticker on the frame not the door.

XHP1550VW0

That is the model for the pedestal for the unit.

Can you take a pic of the console and upload it here?

Okay, would the Dryer Model # be on back of dryer?? We do not have an owners manual

It could be, but it should be on the frame when the door is open

Model # WED9750WW0

Yes that is it and here is what you would need to do to unlock it or get it working.....CLICK HERE

We followed the directions & it will not unlock. I unplugged for 2 Minutes - do you think flipping breaker would be better??

Yes but shut it off then for 5-10 minutes totally to shut it down.

Got it - will leave off for 10 Minutes

Yes try that if not and it still does that there is a control issue.

Flipping breaker back on at 7:00 - will advise after that

ok

No change after flipping breaker - still lock light on

If you press and hold it and it beeps and does not go out the interface control needs to be replaced, that does happen from time to time on that unit....CLICK HERE PART they have redesigned the boards due to that issue and other issues with it.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician