Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag bravo 2 years old. Stopped sinning

I have a maytag...

I have a maytag bravo 2 years old. Stopped sinning completely

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model no MVWX655DW0 2 years old belt intact

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Not sure trying to get an ideaon how much repairs would cost

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Cant think of anything at this time

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Is the dryer motor running?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is not a dryer it is a washer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
how long will it take to get results?

Sorry about that

Let me look up the technical info to see what may be happening.

Your machine has a built in diagnostic mode (DM) to possibly tell us what is wrong with your washer.

You need to be able to follow some directions and rotate the control dial to access the DM

Would you like to try this?

The instructions are hard to understand, so try thinking about the dial as a combination lock like you had in school.
Here would be the combination to enter. Imagine the dial as a clock face.
Turn the dial left around and stop at the 12 o'clock position.
Then turn right to 1:00
pause 1/2 sec
continue turning to 2:00
pause 1/2 sec
continue turning to 3:00
pause 1/2 sec
turn left back to 2:00
pause 1/2
turn back right back to 3:00
If it works all the lights will blink
Then rotate knob until only the SPIN lamp comes on and press START
The will initiate the self test and run through all the cycles in about 3 minutes

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Running now

Running ? As in it works? OR You access the dmode and it is testing the machine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Testing it it seems to be spinning just not as fast as normal the clothes are all still very wet when done and the test is completed

Is the washer pumping all the water out?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the pump works fine. Pumps all the water out

The test mode will not spin the clothes if you have them in the washer. It will just start to spin and complete the test without error codes.

Do you have clothes in the machine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No clothes now that's just what it was doing before it quit spinning

If the cycle completes with no errors, put the machine into DRAIN/SPIN to test the spin function

If it still does not spin, place the machine back into diagnostics and this time rotate the dial until the DONE light is on and press start.

Next rotate the dial and tell me if you get any of the lights flashing in a sequence and a pause and then another sequence. eg sensing rinse done /pause/ rinse done

There is a copy of the tech guide located in the inside front of your machine on the top left side of the front panel in a plastic bag.

You can access to by tipping up the washer against the wall and reaching up and tearing it out of the bag.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Got that but no codes

What happens when you place it into DRAIN/SPIN

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All lights Blink and doesn't do anything

All 6 lights just flash?

or are you still in diagnostic mode ?

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
all flash and it's still in dm mode

They will all flash if no errors codes are stored.

As you turn the dial CCW the stored codes will appear with each click of the dial

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Didn't see any codes just the different test modes

Ok, lets try one more test.

Put the machine back into diagnostic mode but this time turn the dial until the SPIN light comes on and press the START button

This will re-calibrate the computer to the machine and shut off.

If it still does not work, you need to replace the computer board.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay so do this and then try a load of laundry to see if it works prooeely?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Properly

Yes

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today with your problem.

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) on the top or bottom your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

If you want me to be able to come back and help you at a later date or time, you will need to rate my help today before logging off.

Once you rate my help you will be "locked in" so you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don

ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician