Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Samsung microwave model ME183704SFS will not turn on after…

Samsung microwave model ME183704SFS...

Samsung microwave model ME183704SFS will not turn on after closing the door. Sometimes it will turn on, but will shut off when information (time, power level etc.) is applied. Power cord seems ok,and so does the circuit braker.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Two & half years old, model ME18

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Two & half years old, model ME18#704SFS. Yes, but will get help from a friend who is not a certified samsung tech.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Can I order parts from you if needed? If not, closest dealer to Rio Rico Az. (about 65 miles from Tucson, 50 miles from Sierra Vista AZ.)

3/25/2018
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often the microwave problem is due to a bad door switch. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will not be allowed to start up and run. you would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician