Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer will power on but will not start it only makes the…

Customer Question
My dryer will power...

My dryer will power on but will not start it only makes the 3 clicking sounds? I have had it about 6 years

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

Hi

Contractor's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

I tried unplugging the dryer when I plugged it back it powered up and the light came on inside the drum but still will not start just makes the 3 chimed clicking sounds

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Nothing I can think of

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Does the light in the drum stay on when the door is closed?
  2. May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information? The model tag is around the opening where the clothes are loaded.
Wdg9459wwo and the serial is my2401909The light did not stay on but had not come on before inpligginng
Unplugging
Walk me thru and if not then I will pay to talk

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. So now, when you try to start it, the control beeps three times is all?

it beeps the three times and then nothing

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Also the lent trap does not go all the way down maybe up about 1/4 of an inch just in case that factors a part in

Your door switch is faulty and will need to be replaced. Sometimes, repeatedly pushing the rubber plunger in and out will free the contacts and restore operation, even if only temporarily.

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is replaced!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Hi I have my part but there is not a how to video on either link you sent? Then I can finish the rating

See the link below. Sorry for the confusion.

CLICK HERE