Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher is not getting my dishes clean recently.

My dishwasher is not...

My dishwasher is not getting my dishes clean recently. Wondering what could be wrong with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Maytag Mod MD87749SBM1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It seems like it isn't getting any dirt off the dishes

3/25/2018
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

This is a very common issue on these. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

What do you think the problem might be?

All of the water must go through the chopper as it washes. If the chopper o9r the filter before it gets plugged, the wash results will suffer. I suspect this is the issue. The video at the link below shows how the chopper area is accessed for cleaning and inspection. Your model is slightly different at the filter area but the process to access it is the same.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Kelly, Appliance Technician
Thank you. i will watch the video to see if that might be the problem.

You are very welcome, thank you! Please know I am here should have any follow up questions! :)