Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ge refrigerator modell gsl25jftabs power failure due snow…

Ge refrigerator modell gsl25jftabs...

Ge refrigerator modell gsl25jftabs power failure due snow storm power on lights inside on, ice maker power on, refr. not running and no lghts on front panel, can i reset panel on front to start refr. what buttons reset, tried disc refr 30 seconds didn't help

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Approx 10 years model # gsl25jftabs

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

3/25/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately this is not something that is resettable. The main control board on the back of your refrigerator has failed. The part number is ***** and it's about $200. It's behind an 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back of your refrigerator. Below is a link to the control board you'll need to order and replace for your model. The part is all plug and play so if you're handy you can replace it yourself.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Will call tech from store where purchased refr..... Called you with hope could reset cont. Thanks for assistsnce...

Not a problem and I wish there was a reset, but I hope you understand I can't control what fails any more than you can. I do wish you only the best.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc