Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

WHY DOES THE SELENOID KEEP BURNING OUT ON MY GE DISHWASHER…

Customer Question
WHY DOES THE SELENOID...

WHY DOES THE SELENOID KEEP BURNING OUT ON MY GE DISHWASHER FOR THE 3RD TIME??

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes 2-3 years old, model GSC3500D50BB serial SF842910B

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well we've had SELENOID replaced twice by a serviceman that gets costly

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What is causing this problem unit was bought brand new

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is it the pump solenoid that is failing repeatedly?

I think so cause we had to fix house that was dented over

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

If the solenoid is failing repeatedly, it is likely due to low voltage that is causing it to overheat. The issue that is causing that voltage issue is likely the contacts in the timer. I suspect the timer and the solenoid will need to be replaced to prevent future premature failure of the solenoid.

The link below is to the part you will need!

Timer

Drain Solenoid

If you would like replacement information, please let me know!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.