Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a maytag refrig model # mfi2269vem2. With water and…

Customer Question
I have a maytag...

I have a maytag refrig model # mfi2269vem2

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

With water and ice on front and the screen keeps flashing on and off and sounds like its trying to run

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Any suggestions

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Purchased in 2010

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 3 months ago
Joel Swenson

Hello sorry to hear you are having trouble, I'm Joel and will be glad to help you today.

In most cases that means the main control board has failed, you can try and reset it by unplugging the refrigerator or killing power to it at the breaker for 10 minutes and restoring power and see if it starts to operate properly afterwards but if not the board will have to be replaced. The replacement board is listed below.

Refrigerator Electronic Control Board

Part #: W10213583 - click here for part info at sears

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5th star to the right at the top, (bottom if using a mobile phone) of the screen, you will see 5 empty stars, click on the 5th star to the right to give me a high rating. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service. Rating the answer does not close the question out, you can still find it in your My Questions if you need to follow up and have a further conversation with me. I do not get compensated until you rate, so it will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 3 months ago

Hi there,
I see you have read the answer a while ago and I have not heard back from you, if there is nothing else I can help you with at this time please take a moment to rate my assistance and if you need anything later on you can still follow up, thank you.