Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Kitchen aid kudl03fvss0 soap dispensor door does not open. I…

Kitchen aid kudl03fvss0 soap...

Kitchen aid kudl03fvss0 soap dispensor door does not open. I replaced the soap dispenser and it still does not work

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Kudl03fvss0

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I measure voltage going to solenoid and got 93V

3/25/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you. You should be getting 118 - 123volts.. the control board is faulty

6

on diagram

Dishwasher electronic control board

Parts #: W10084142

Substitution: WPW10084142

$ 103.93

In Stock sears parts direct.com

it's actually easier to change than the dispenser

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I know I took it out already
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
This is the correct part for my model?
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
I found it else where for over $200

KUDL03FVSS0 correct?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
sir

it's the correct part.. wow! big difference in price, what site was that on?

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Parts select

damn! that's double the cost..

Electronic Control

by Whirlpool
Part Number AP6014951

(17)

Our Price

$185.28

• In Stock
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
thanks for ur assistance

That's from appliance part pros

I cant believe the difference

good luck to you. I would deeply appreciate it if you could rate me... thanks and take care

Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hello
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I put in the new board and took a voltage measurement, read same voltage about 94-95V. Does it always stay at 95V then goes up to 120V to activate motor to open soap dispenser?

you should not get any voltage to it until it is activated. do you see a cut or melted wire going to the dispenser? what you have going on is something very strange. you changed the board and the dispenser so the only thing it could be is a bad wire or connected. I could work on thousands of them before I come across that

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The dispenser door opened after running once. Let’s see if it is working

okay,, something strange is going on.. there;s no water hardness buildup on the dispenser lever or anything?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No but one of the wire 14 gage wire has a brown almost like burn on it.

is the insulation off of it?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No insulation is intact

that might be from that black coating on the door

Ray, Home Appliance Technician