Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a problem with our Microwave. It will only run for…

I have a problem with...
I have a problem with our Microwave. It will only run for about 10 to 15 seconds and then shuts off. I was able to change the power level down to 9 and it would run for a minute. After a couple of days this no longer works. The Microwave is about 7 years old
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/25/2018
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. The control board behind the touchpad has shorted out. Are you going to do the repairs yourself?

I thought I would if not too difficult. The Microwave is a built in so I don't know if I can.
I think I'll hold off for now. I need to see how I can unplug the unit before I do anything. Thanks.

the built in ones are the harness ones to deal with.. There is a lot of things involve getting it apart.. You would be better off getting a tech to do it.

I hope I was a help to you and if you need anything else I will be here for you.. I would deeply appreciate it if you could rate me. Thanks and good luck to you

Ray, Home Appliance Technician
Thanks, ***** ***** what I was thinking.

thank you so much