Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Magic Chef HMDR310BE That does not get cold enough.

Customer Question
I have a Magic...

I have a Magic Chef HMDR310BE That does not get cold enough. The compressor runs for 45 seconds and shuts off.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Magic Chef is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Made 10/2015

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I hope To

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 3 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the condenser fan stay running by the compressor when it shuts off?

no

Then you would have a temperature control issue, the control that you set the temp to on the unit is bad. The issue is they do not make parts for that unit since they are considered disposable due to the price. You may be able to get the temp control out and see if any part numbers are on it and order one possibly as they may use it in another unit that they do sell parts for.

All I ask is...Please remember to use the RATING LINK ON YOUR PAGE by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today. Even though you paid the site they will not disburse any part of it to me until you supply a good rating. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.