Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag gas clothes dryer model # LDG5004AAW. It…

Hi, I'm Clint. I...

Hi, I'm Clint. I have a Maytag gas clothes dryer model # LDG5004AAW. It seems to have burnt its drive belt, but I cannot open it to check.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

LDG5004AAW

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We got it used from a friend (price was right) and it's served us well for at least five years.

3/26/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question if you are still needing help that is?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I believe we lost the drive belt for the drum, but I cannot open the unit to check.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
There was a "bump bump" sound followed by the smell of burnt rubber. When I got home to check the dryer, the drum turned quite freely, much more freely than the day before.

have you tried taking the back of the dryer wall off yet? You may need to take the top off first to be able to do this.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Not yet, but the top is firmly attached. It won't move in any direction.
I'll pull the screws and see how that works.

yes the screws will need to be removed.

I just sent over an offer for your service aides/ job manual that will assist you with doing anything on your unit ever. You can download and print it out of you like. This is not your user manual by the way. Its a service/ technicians manual.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Access panel by motor off. Definitely the drive belt.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Now, where to get a replacement belt in Madison, WI? The two places I knew about are out of business....
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Gotta love scanned manuals....

its a great manual to have for sure one moment while I pull up the parts list.

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Real helpful (sarcasm). It says simply remove front cover, but not how.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Finally! 8 pages later
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Well that helps if I want to order on line.

do​ you happen to have a sears nearby?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Belt found. Running in to town to get it. I'm 95% sure I can finish this now.
The service manual was what I realy needed, you were great at getting me that.
Thank you.

you are very welcome.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman