Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a 2015 Samsung Moisture sensor dryer. The POWER

I have a 2015...

I have a 2015 Samsung Moisture sensor dryer. The POWER button has been intermittently working. Some days I can get it to come on by pushing on various places of the start button but now nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Just a minute. I will get that for you.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is rudimentary. If lots of electronic work is involved, then no. We do not have a Samsung appliance repair shop in our area.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model no. DV45H7000EW/A2

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Okay. Thank you
I would consider a phone call but I want to be sure we could repair the appliance ourselves before I commit the money

No problem. The start button is part of a larger interface control board on this dryer. Either way, the button contact is starting to go bad so the entire interface board would need to be replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say. The part is about $125 and below is a link to where you can order it if you'd like. The part number you need is DC92-01624E.

CLICK HERE for interface control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I was afraid of that. I will give the 5 star rating and would like to ask an additional question: Is this board something a novice repair woman can attempt?
Tyler, Is this repair something I could do with my basic knowledge of how to hook up a ceiling fan or new light fixture? Or is it too risky and a repair shop should be called in?

If you're handy you can replace it yourself, that isn't a problem. Just unplug the dryer to start. Remove the screws coming in from the back of the control panel and take the control panel apart so you see the interface board inside which is just held in by a few screws. All plug and play so fairly easy to replaced.

Awesome! Thank you so much. I would add comments to my 5 star review but I don't see where there is a place for that. Just know you are great!!

No problem and if you need anything just let me know.

This is for a Samsung Dryer. Is the control board the same?

Yes, that is the control board for your exact model number you gave me. Part number DC92-01624E.

Perfect. Thanks for the clarification. Have a great day