Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE Profile refrigerator which is not cooling

I have a GE...

I have a GE Profile refrigerator which is not cooling anymore. The fan is running but the compressor is not.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 to 4 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

But I would like an estimate for compressor repair

3/25/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a full model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Also, if you pull the refrigerator forward and remove the lower back access panel to expose the compressor--touch the compressor and is is blazing hot, warm, or room temperature?

PFE29PSDCSS
and Cold

OK if he compressor isn't running and it's room temperature, it's not even getting power. That means your compressor isn't the issue. There is a grey plastic box next to the compressor and inside is your inverter control board which powers up the compressor. This inverter board has failed and needs to be replaced. The part number is ***** and it's about $130. Below is a link to the compressor for your model.

CLICK HERE for compressor

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

OK, found the grey box and it is only attched with screw. So replacing the box would fix the problem?

Yes, and it's an easy replacement, although the part is fairly expensive unfortunately.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
OK, part has been ordered.
Thank you and yes 5 stars is appropriate. Have geat day
Peter Lyhne

No problem and glad I could help. Let me know if you need anything else.

OK, Thanks