Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Oven won't shut off. Checking. Model met8775xwo1 s#

Oven won't shut off ...

Oven won't shut off

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Checking

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model met8775xwo1 s# ***** don't know age

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

double oven top oven is the problem

3/25/2018
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Does the display still say the top oven is heating? Or are you saying that the oven display acts like the oven is off, but the top oven continues to heat?

display is off oven stays on

OK this means that you have a stuck relay on your main display relay control board. The board is about $330 and would need to be replaced so it's not an expensive repair whatsoever I'm sorry to say. If you wanted to replace the part yourself, below is a link to the display board for your model that you'd need to replace to fix this issue.

CLICK HERE for display control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

thanks

No problem, but I'm sorry about the bad news today.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc