Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have installed a used 2 year old GE slide in, bought from…

Customer Question
I have installed a...

I have installed a used 2 year old GE slide in, bought from owner who swears all worked. Top burners all work well but oven is completely off. No clock, light or control response.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is PLES89ACD. Not sure about age

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Dependss but mostly yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Bec ause of having a four wire receptacleI used a new four wire cord and created a connection to chasis ground for the green wire

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

Do you have a voltmeter?

What color wires do you have on the three screws on the terminal block in the back and in what order? Should be RED WHITE BLACK and they should line up with the red white and black wires on the backside of the terminal block.

With your voltmeter, measure the voltage across the two outside screws and then from each outside screw to the middle screw.

that should be 3 readings

Did you figure out what the problem was?

I see you never came back to your question.

Was there any other issues that I could help you out with?

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today with your problem.

Just Answers asks that you operate on the honor system for technician ratings. and this is how I make my living. May I ask that you please take a moment to rate my service positive for JA by selecting a Rating Star (3-5) on the top or bottom your screen before you leave today.

Even though you paid JA or Pearl to ask your question, they will not pay me until you have given a positive rating for my help.

If you want me to be able to come back and help you at a later date or time, you will need to rate my help today before logging off.

Once you rate my help you will be "locked in" so you can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge if you still need assistance.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out!

Don