Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I was doing a load and when i thought it was finished, I…

I was doing a...

I was doing a load and when i thought it was finished, I opened the door, the clothes were dry and the light is on on control locked and i touched everything but cannot unlock it

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a whirpool about 12 years old front load

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i can think of

3/25/2018
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech, Home Appliance Technician

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Sorry you are having trouble with your Whirlpool dryer . Please give me a moment to review your question. Please note that it sometimes takes a while to type responses and answers.

I'm sure this is annoying. Depending on the model you have you will likely need to do is press the "end of cycle signal" button and hold it for 4 seconds. If this is does not work then give me the model number and I will look into it further for you.

- PLEASE use the stars at the top or bottom of your screen my service before you leave today. Since we are on the honor system, Just Answer will only credit me for my time if you rate me positively. By giving me a rating of 4 or 5 stars at the TOP RIGHT of your screen I will provide free follow up questions for this appliance after this session. I am not always online, but answer questions as soon as I see them. So if you don't get an answer right away, don't worry, I log on daily to respond to questions. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ok, I just typed the model and serial number, did you get it

Not yet but try that solution I just gave you and see if that works first.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
mod GHW9300PWO ser CSS2205570

Ok. try going ahead and pressing the "end of cycle signal" button and hold it for 4 seconds - then let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
it went off, next i will try to initiate a wash again, give me a minute please
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
i see water coming in so i hope it is going to work. it seems to be working. Thank you. can i contact again within an hour it the wash does not go thru for the entire cycle?

If it has started, you successfully unlocked it. Since water is going into the tub and the clothes were dry before, it is further along than it was last time. I am happy to answer followup questions. However, I am logging off for the evening. If you do have followups, I will be happy answer any questions I see when I log back in.

Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech
Engineer-Tech