Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Neptune Maytag Washer and I am getting an LR error.

Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Neptune Maytag Washer and I am getting an LR error. Sounds like its having difficulty spinning and water doesn't drain out...

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is MAH6500AWQ maybe 8 yrs. old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so...

3/25/2018
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried unplugging your appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset yet? If unplugging is not easy to do turning off the breaker for 5 minutes does the same thing.

I've done both. The machine sounds as if it's dragging almost. Like starts to wash slows down or stops and starts up.again. I get the LR error at the end of wash with the clothes not wrung out.

The error you are getting is

Lr = Locked Rotor: the machine has repeatedly tried to turn the motor but cannot.

Ok I know it means rotor is locked how is it fixed?

in the event the problem is with the motor control board itself this is the part you will need to replace. This is the cheapest I was able to find it so

far.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/whirlpool-control-assy-motor-wp22004046-ap6006415.html​

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me. It has been a pleasure assisting you today.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman