Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchen Aid Natural Gas Stove and none of the

Customer Question
I have a Kitchen...

I have a Kitchen Aid Natural Gas Stove and none of the burners will ignite no clicking noise at all from any of the 5 burners the Model is KFGS 530ESS0

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2.5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's simple enough

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and would be happy to help you.. the spark module is shorted and needs to be replaced

4

on diagram

Range spark module

Parts #: W10511278

Substitution: WPW10511278

$ 69.89

In Stock searspartsdirect.com

are you going to do the work yourself? It's very easy

Hello Ray, thanks for the response. I do plan to do the work myself, if it's not overly complicated. I went to the website link and the module is $105, are you looking at something different. Also when I look at the schematic that you provided it's not clear to me if the module is on the back of the unit (behind 9) or buried deep the front panel. It appears as though the part encased in the dotted lines is in the front because you can see where the gas knobs are and the shroud. Anyway, if it's as easy as unscrewing a few screws and taking a panel off and swap out the part - I'm in. Thanks in advance for your reply. Terry

Hello, no It's in the back right on side of the clock. you take that back upper panel off and it's right there. It's very easy to get to and replace.

Hello, I would deeply appreciate it if you could rate me. Thanks and take care

Hello Ray, well my spark module came today. You were right - very easy to replace - BUT.... So I pulled the stove out, unplugged it and removed the back panel. Spark Module was right there on the upper right just like the diagram - one screw and a 4 sets of connections. Easy so far. remove old, replace with new. I did not put the back cover on, I wanted to test it first, so I plugged it back in, the stove reset and like magic, I tested all 5 burners and viola they worked. Now I was cookin' with gas...LOL So I unplug the stove, put the back cover back on, plug it back in, stove resets and nothing. I removed the module 2 more times and ensured that every connection was seated properly. I noticed a couple of things. The old module had what appeared to be scorch marks up towards the top by what I believe are resistors. After replacing the new one and then it not working I noticed that those were very hot, but not hot enough to scorch the circuit board like on the old module. Now I don't know what to do. I need to see if I can return this part for a new one. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Terry
oh I took a couple of pics if that would help.

Wow! that doesn't make and sense. that had to be a defective module. to work one minute then go out is super rare. It's has to be defective