Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Profile gas stove contrl panel won't work. Its 2006 model…

Customer Question
GE Profile gas stove...

GE Profile gas stove contrl panel won't work

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Its 2006 model year

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yessir...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I've ordered and received a new control panel (top panel w./buttons) and it does the same thing as the old one does...

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
when installing the control top panel, as it is lowered into place, the buttons all stop working when the panel gets closer than 3/4 of an inch. Everything works fine as long as the panel remains 3/4" or more above te lower panel.
I see there is a transformer attached to the lower panel. That transformer must be emitting a magnetic field that is disabling the tactile buttons on the upper panel from functioning as they get in close proximity to the lower panel.
HELLL - 000 !!!!!!
BTW.... the model # is PGS968SEM1SS
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the unit properly grounded?

it has been installed and working for 12 years without trouble until now.
Why would I want a phone call for addl. money?? You've been of little to no assistance so far, and doesn't seem to e that is changing.

OK I am sorry you feel that way I was just pulling up all the service docs on it, let me see if another tech can assist tonight for you. I will opt out and see if someone else can assist.

I choose not to call you, so you opt out?? GREAT!!

Just stand by when you already have indicated I have been of no asistance just after picking up the question I would say it is best to see if another tech can help. Take care and another tech on Saturday night should ne right along. Jus do not reply to this ad it will only delay assistance.

There has been no response here for over 48 hours. Please reply or refund any money I've been charged.
Hell-O !!!!