Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a magic chef dryer. I have no heat. The iginiter goes…

Hi i have a...

Hi i have a magic chef dryer. I have no heat. The iginiter goes on but stau on and no flame

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Magic Chef is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

15 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Model number cug4000aww

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes i cleaned all lint and took apart the spinner

3/24/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. If the igniter stays on, you have a bad flame sensor.
The flame sensor is on the side of the burner tube. The flame spreader opens and sends power to open the coils.
Sensor
ok. is there a way to test the flame sensor with a ohm meter. im a diesel tech by trade so i know how to use it. should it show open and the when iginitor lights up see a diff in reading
I do it by connecting wires from flame sensor together. When igniter glows for 10 15 seconds, pull wires apart. Valve should open. Just don’t touch anything with wires.
Can’t ohm it with power going to it.
yo you the man it worked. now i just have to find the part
Great. I tried looking up part#, but your model # did not come up. Can you check it for me?
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
63-5013 part #
Part# ***** changed. It is now WP338906.
i found 1 on ebay with part3 63-5013
Okay. Great. Have a goodnight.
thx for your help gn
No problem.