Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE gfwh1400d0ww washer wont finish cycle, won't rinise. I…

GE gfwh1400d0ww washer wont...

GE gfwh1400d0ww washer wont finish cycle, won't rinise

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have tried to enter test mode 50 times no luck

3/24/2018
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. I will do my best to help you. Try starting washer cycle with a cold water wash. Let me know what happens.
OK. I started a cycle with coldBut frustrated that I can't get it into test mode
was the water pressure good?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wNK-QNzFevQ
Watch video. See if it helps get into service mode.
water pressure good, its when it gets to the rinse mode that water won't come in. Its almost at rinse mode I will watch video while I wait
I have watched that video a couple of times, my model is different , but I tried several times to get to test mode, no luck.Also not sure how to know if my machine is in standby mode, first thing video says is to push power button to put in stand-by, if I do that power goes off.Anyway now cycle is in rinse mode , but not doing anything, eventually it will give up and unlock door, and start light will be flashing
Can you hear valve trying to get water?
Stand by mode means power off.
after sitting for a few mins in rinse with no drum movement, I now hear something trying to get water, after a few mins it stopped and now start light is blinking and still in rinse mode
Remove main top. Need to check the fill valve.
cant easily do that, I have dryer stacked on washer, in a closet. Again wish I could get into test mode, at least that would help diagnose the issue right,To get at the top or back of washer, I need someones help tomorrow morning around 9am.
any last hints to get it that is the GE gfwh1400d0ww into test mode, else can we pick up tomorrow, I will start by checking fill valve after taking top off.
Okay. Yea not being able to get in service mode is
Not good. Did you check YouTube for any other videos? I will try to find tech sheet. Will let you know if I find one.
I did, also tried to find a tech sheet, found one for gfwh1100 which says after 30 secs plug in and hit signal e-wash signal e-wash. vs signal delay-wash signal delay wash. what confuses me with the power button off - no lights how can the unit get into test mode, seems the power button should be on. I have tried it both ways with both combinations, at least 10 tmes
Okay. Let me see if I can find it
FINALLY got it into test mode
I have a E22 error
Okay . Be right back.
running t06 test pressure switch, looks like it is failing, never fills
E22 pressure switch problem
You beat me to it. I would check the hose on pressure switch
Look for damage to hose. Blow through hose while holding other end shut.
will do, after that then I guess I order a new pressure switch
Yea but most times it’s the hose
ok, thanks for your help.
You are welcome. Have a goodnight.
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service