Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The door latch will not catch to close the door. So, the…

Customer Question
The door latch will...

The door latch will not catch to close the door. So, the microwave does not start. It has slowly gotten worse over the last three weeks. Nowm it will not latch. Is there an easy way to get it to work again?

Contractor's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

I cannot find the mosel on the frobt. The dooe says type s333 and it is an inverter.

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your S333?

About 6 years.

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

I have pushed the door in and it did latch sometimes. Now, when the door is closedm it does not latch closed and the release button does.not close. When closed, i really have to push to open the door.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it easily fixable, or shouls i just buy a new one? The current one has 1300 watts.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/25/2018
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

If you check the two hooks on the backside of the door, do they feel like they are tight?

They should resist upward movement, like a spring is engaging.

Tell me what you find,

Don

I noticed that you never came back to your question.

Did you have any other issues I can address?