Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My daughter-in-law has a Maytag Centennial dryer, Mod #

Customer Question
My daughter-in-law has a...

My daughter-in-law has a Maytag Centennial dryer, Mod # MEDC200XW1. The problem is that it appears to heat on three of the four cycles.The fourth cycle energy preferred? blows cold air. On the cycles with heat the clothes must go through 2-3 cycles to dry,

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MEDC200XW1 approx 5-6 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the expertise required,

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I removed the vent hose this morning and found it 75% plugged.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/24/2018
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Ray, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I'm Ray and will be happy to help you. Anytime the vent is blocked up it will run several cycles to dry a load of cloths. Is it still doing it after you cleaned it? One of the cycles is fluff/air dry with no heat

The vent line is clear, now, and it is still doing it.

does the vent go straight outside or does it go up a wall out the roof or anything like that?

I removed the hose, nothing connected to dryer, ran dryer hot/warm air coming out of dryer ( were hose was) still takes 2-3 cycles to dry clothes.
Appliance Technician: Ray, Home Appliance Technician replied 3 months ago

is it gas or electric?

are you there?

Electric.

The only thing left to it that would cause it to do that would be the timer

11

on diagram

Dryer timer

Parts #: W10185988

Substitution: W10894766

$ 114.98

In Stock

can you feel a lot of air coming from the blower when it's running? I have that extract dryer but mine is gas