Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My self cleaning oven door locked how do i unlocke it. Where…

My self cleaning oven...

My self cleaning oven door locked how do i unlocke it

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Where do i find model # and i think 3-5yrs old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Answered in 1 day by:
3/25/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
am i under warranty?
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
continue
are you still here?
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.
Please note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient.
Also the website will send you a phone call offer that is not from me!

If the unit is 3-5 years old ,NO it is not under any manufactures 1 year warranty.

Who is the manufacturer of the unit? then I can tell you where the model number is ***** .

Maytag self clean
I can't make repair myself

ok open the oven door the model /serial tag is on the inner face frame on the right hand side .

And with the door being locked , Have you tried to set the Self Clean mode and wait for 30 seconds and then Cancel the clean mode to see if it will then unlock the oven door ?

That is fine ,In fact on most oven door locked issues if turning the clean back on and then off again does not work I recommend that you call for service any way ,due to the complexity of the door lock system .

My door open but oven will not come on
The senor has a lock picture on it

ok what doe you mean the oven will not come on? the oven light or have you tried to now program the oven Bake or Broil selections.

And can you now give me the model number from the inner face frame of the ovens right hand side please.

Hgr7662ww

ok what do you mean the oven will not come on? the oven light or have you tried to now program the oven Bake or Broil selections.

did you receive the model #?

yes I received the number !

And the first digit is NOT an H it is a M for Maytag.

Did you fully read my last question,, it was not a yes or no question

and what do you mean the senor has a locked picture what is a senor?

Keypad

If you meant the screen has a lock picture , then you need to press and hold the START keypad for 3 seconds to unlock the control board .

Did that get the oven to now be able to be operated ?

I think it's working thanks

ok great glad to hear it .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

Thank you in advance.
If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me.

Master Tech