Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We had our refrigerator in storage and now it will not cool…

Customer Question
We had our refrigerator...

We had our refrigerator in storage and now it will not cool this is the model number GI6FARXXY07 any suggestions on how to fix the problem

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

4 to 5 years old Whirlpool GI6FARXXY07

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Appliance
3/24/2018
Appliance Technician: applianceguy, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Hi. I will do my best to help you. Are lights, controls on? Can you hear any fans running?
to both
You will need to pull the unit out and remove bottom back cover. We need to see if the compressor is running.
Ok we are doing that now
Ok. The fan and compressor should be running. Put your hand on compressor. Is it vibrating and warm?
very hot
You have a sealed system problem. Either a bad compressor or a leak in the system. Most likely a leak. How old is the refrigerator?
Units that have a leak usually show up faster when the unit is not running. High side pressure.
4-5 years. Do you know the cost of a repair
I am checking your warranty. Be right back.
Okay. Showing just one year. Wanted to make sure. A job like this from my company would be around $700 to $800 parts and labor. You probably need a new evaporator. That is where the usually leak.
You can call whirlpool with model and serial # to make sure on warranty. I will get phone #.
1-***-***-****
Please don’t forget to rate my answer. Thank you.
Ok
Thank you.